Tuesday, May 14, 2013
The Photo Atlas
The Photo Atlas is a band that is into high energy, fast dance rock or
punk. The members of the band include singer/lead guitarist, Alan
Andrews, guitarist, Bill Threlkeld III, Bassist, Mark Hawkins, and drummer,
Josh Taylor. “We started playing music together in junior high, we
basically learned how to play our instruments together and have grown up
together,” says Andrews. The band began in 2004 under the name “The
Atlas” but later learned that, that name was taken and changed it to “The Photo
Atlas.” “We basically did this when we went national and started touring”
Andrew comments. The band has released three CDs by the names of “Ways
You Once Thought Were Shortcuts” in 2005, “No, Not Me, Never” in 2007, and “To
Silently Provoke the Ghost” in 2009. Alan Andrews also has a solo project
called “Serious Moonlight” which is a kind of folk/country sort of thing.
“I’ve always loved playing music; it has been a struggle and a lot of fun and
somewhat profitable. But, I’d rather struggle to do what I love than do
something that’s not creative or that is unsatisfying” Andrew tells us.
Last, the band will be releasing a new album in May and you can see them live
on March 3rd at Illegal Pete’s Downtown Denver before they go on tour. I highly
suggest this band to any concert goers or music listeners. Thank you to Alan
Andrews for letting me interview him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment